Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers day

Fathers Day was a holiday I ignored for the most part. I didn't know my Dad well until just a few years ago. Before that, the concept of having a father around, someone you wanted to dote on for a day, was a foreign one. I had a step-dad for 10 years or so, but even though we were a part of the same household, I was never that close to him. I went through the motions of "Father's Day" while I lived there because they insisted on it, but there was nothing heartfelt about it. I can see my mom was happy with him, He took cared of her so be it. But for me, Fathers day was actually a lonely holiday and I was glad when it was over. Indeed, any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad! In Gods time, When il have children of my own. Ill make sure they'll have a "fathers day" to celebrate. *wink