A few years ago I came up with a list of things I wanted to regularly pray for Luke (my brother). The list has changed a bit since then, but I still use it regularly for praying for him.
Then one day, (yesterday) it dawned on me that I had no habit or discipline of praying faithfully for growth areas in my own life. It felt a little hit-and-miss to me. So I added my own list.
For ease of reference, I compiled them all into the list you'll see below. The numbers on the left-hand side correspond to the day of the month. [So, for example: on the 2nd of each month, I pray for My relationship with dad.] This prayer list is taped near my table and each day I refer to it and it as a guide to direct my prayers for that day. I share it in case any of you want to make your own similar list.
PRAYING FOR :
- My relationship with Luke (my brother)
- My relationship with Daddy,karla,tanya,karlo and daphnie.
- My relationship with my relatives (Quintanas' & taladucons')
- Jerome and the Abellas'
- Wisdom (James 1:5)
- Contenment (Phil 4:12-13)
- Humility (titus 3:2)
- Joy. A merry heart
- Self-control
- Gentleness (in my tone)
- Patience (Gal 5:22)
- My time in the Word
- My relationship with my Friends
- Encouragement for others
- Prayerfulness (luke 18:1)
- Passion for the Lord (Psalm 42:1)
- My insecurities
- My tongue
- My expectations
- Marriage
- Health
- Love for my Work
- Proper Budgeting (frst on the list should be tithes)
- Luke - his studies,faith,protection.contenment,health,passion for the Lord,and genuine repentance.
- Kindness (1 thess 5:6)
- Genuine repentance
- Career
- Faith (1 tim 6:12)
- Forgiving heart
- tita can- prayerfulnes,time for His word,health,protection,contenment
- heart to give and share
A few other thoughts:
- I use this list for prayer in addition to praying for the needs of others (friends/family) in our lives. [I don't want to leave the impression that I *only* pray for myself and my immediate family..]
- There are days (even whole seasons) where I do not consult this list, but the format of it makes it easy to get back into it after any absence.
Happy Pra
ying.