Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I got you, My child

When all things seem to fall apart, when everything seem to fail, when you feel that all of earth turns against you, Jesus says, I got you.

Don’t panic. I am with you. There’s no need to fear for I am God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll 
help you. I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you. (Isaiah 41:10 The Message)

God can do all things but fail. The battle is not yours so give whatever problem you have to God and let him deal with them. Jentezen Franklin said, God wants you to do what you can do and he will do what you cannot do. When you’ve given your best shot, or when you can’t help but watch the situation fall, it’s God’s turn to remind you that he’s got your back. When you give up, when adversities weaken you, the Lord will continue, the Lord will sustain you.

In the military, they have what they call a buddy system. Each time a pair of soldiers come to battle, they are always backed-up with their partner. And when the soldier at twelve o’clock shouts, Back me up! The response is resolute and unchanging, I got you. Same as through with God. The only difference is, we don’t need to shout and ask for reassurance. Without asking for it, he’s already backing us up.