So, this morning I was thinking about weight loss. I thought of all the conversations I’ve had about weight and looks. It occurred to me most people want to lose weight because they hate their body. They find something wrong with their body and they think that losing weight will fix all their problems. This isn’t the case. I’ve even lost weight because I thought it’d magically make me happy. That was not the case.
I think we shouldn’t worry about the number on the scale. We should love our bodies. We should love them enough to treat them right. We should love them so much that we want to get healthy. Getting healthy doesn’t mean you go on some strict diet and obsess over a number. It means you eat right (enough and the right things) and you exercise. Of course you’re gonna have days you eat badly and days you don’t have much time to exercise. But that doesn’t change how you view yourself. You see yourself as the beautiful creation God sees you as. You treat your body right because it’s not yours. You treat it like the Temple it is.
“So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.” Genesis 1:27 (NIV)
“So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.” Genesis 1:27 (NIV)